1. What is your name?
2. Where are you from?
Virginia, I’ve moved all around the state but no matter where in the state it feels like home.
3. How long have you been creating music?
As an outlet, since I was about 16, so about 7 years but I’ve been taking it serious for about 4 years now.
4. What is your biggest inspiration?
I was the weird kid who got made fun for for listening to weird music so I want to make weird music for weird kids to get made fun of for listening to.
5. Are you working on any projects right now?
Right now I’m working on a post-hardcore ep to follow up blasphemy which was the pop punk album we did that were about to tour for. But I’m always working on other experimental cross genre stuff always.
6. If you could work with one artist who would it be?
Ghostemane. I’ve collaborated with his brother, Horus and I’ve spoken with him a handful of times but It would be a dream to work with someone as off the wall as him.
7. Where do you see yourself in 1 year?
Touring, making up for lost shows this spring and summer. Hopefully with a bigger van.
8. What is your next move?
Right now I’m taking advantage of the isolation and me and the band are putting together some crazy stuff. The next move is to unload it on you all in such a new overwhelming way that you’d have to pay attention.
9. Sign a deal or stay independent?
Independent. Business ruins music.
10. When is your next show?
Aiming for stafford Virginia this summer.
Something small to make it up to the hometown for having cancel our tour. Prom was cancelled so let’s give these kids something to rage to.
1. What's the most important part of a song ? The instruments or the vocals?
It depends on the song really. There’s been plenty of songs where I wouldn’t spit a verse because I didn’t want to interrupt the guitar. Live shows, when my guitarist plays his solos, I sit my ass down.
2. Do you like underground / mainstream / both?
Both have their places in the game. I’m an underground fan just because I hate the capitalism that comes with the industry. I love that today you can be a underground fan and stream new unheard music completely free. It’s evolved into something beautiful and we have a new renaissance coming.
3. Have you made or spent more money on your music career?
At this point I’ve started breaking even.
I invested in so much equipment and beats and features but this past year merch and shows and my own features are really starting to pay off.
4. How do you you feel about the Corona virus?
Fuck it. Can I say that?
It’s a cock block.
5. When's your next song drop?
May 1st. Dropping a single with FamilyPet called “who’s to blame” you’ll love it.
6. If you could sign one local rapper from your area besides yourself who would it be?
Easily, Heads. He’s so talented and so kind to everyone he comes in contact with. I don’t think I could have a bad experience with him or heard something bad come out of his mouth. He’s a pure talented angel.
7. Apple Music or Spotify?
8. Do you do original music or remixes?
Original only. I left my old collective because they released a song on my beat without my consent.
9. Do you get more love from your local area or out of town?
Brooklyn and fredricksburg shows me the most love. I’ll always have love for Fairfax county but I go to those places when I wanna fucking rage.
10. Have you ever had writer's block, how do you get back in the zone?
Never. If I can’t write a rap song I’ll write a rock song. If I can’t do that I’ll write a pop song. If you can’t write something simple as a pop song then you need someone to write for you.
Follow Dev Gajan: